Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive
by Harvey Mackay
Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, Outnegotiate Your Competition
“Three Basic Courses” on salesmanship, negotiation and management. This summary focuses on points from the lessons on sales, negotiation and management. Best of all, Mackay’s tips are inexpensive and practical. Read Swim with the Sharks and you’ll be equipped to take your business to the next level— regardless of your starting point.
WINNERS – APPLY AND ACHIEVE
Winners know their strengths and capabilities. Winners don’t need someone to feed their ego. Rather, they surround themselves with other winners. They seek out people who complement their weaknesses and encourage learning and solution-oriented thinking. Think about the people with whom you choose to spend the majority of your discretionary time. These are the people you are learning from.
A SHORT COURSE ON SALESMANSHIP
- It’s Not How Much It’s Worth; It’s How Much People Think It’s Worth
- How to Handle the Tough Prospect
A SHORT COURSE ON NEGOTIATION
- The Ability to Walk Away from the Table Without a Deal
- Agreements Prevent Disagreements
- Make Your Decisions with Your Heart, and What You’ll End Up with Is Heart Disease
A SHORT COURSE ON MANAGEMENT
- The Single Greatest Mistake a Manager Can Make
- Little Things Don’t Mean a Lot; They Mean Everything
- You can’t be everywhere at once.
- Treat Your Own People the Way You Treat Your Customers